Our Privacy & Security Policy
HeatherBoutique.com respects the privacy needs and concerns of our customers. It is our goal to provide you with an enjoyable and satisfying shopping experience, and to meet and exceed your expectations. To accomplish this goal we use the information our customers provide in the following ways:
- When you visit our web site, we automatically recognize your Internet service provider, the Web page from which you came, and store a record of your activity on our site. The customer information that HeatherBoutique.com collects through its web site is used to process orders and to improve your shopping experience.
- We use the information you share with us to improve your shopping experience by allowing us to make our web site easier and more enjoyable to use. The information you volunteer enables us to process your purchases, confirm your orders, customize the content and layout of our pages, notify you about updates to our site, and provide you with additional information about our merchandise.
- The information you supply to us is added to our customer database. We may also send you emails to inform you of new products, services and special offers, special promotions or upcoming events for HeatherBoutique.com. If you do not want to receive such emails from HeatherBoutique.com please please click the “unsubscribe” button located at the bottom of the email from which you wish to unsubscribe.
- From time to time, we may modify or amend this privacy and security policy in order to comply with new laws or regulations or to reflect future changes in our business practices. All such modifications and amendments to the privacy and security policy shall be posted here in the Privacy & Security section of HeatherBoutique.com. The policy has been in effect since November 1, 2020.
- HeatherBoutique.com has taken measures to ensure that shopping at HeatherBoutique.com is a safe and enjoyable experience for our valued customers. We use the highest data encryption available (256 bit) and our website carries the highest level of validation available (TLS). The padlock icon you see in your browser’s URL window when you are exchanging sensitive information between your browser and HeatherBoutique.com assures you that we are who we say we are and are operating a legitimate business that has an actual physical address, license, and all matter of authority to do so. Transport Layer Security (TLS), employing 256 bit encryption ensures that your personal credit information, including your credit card number, will be kept 100% secure as it travels over the Internet. TLS technology is the industry standard for secure online transactions. Because we use TLS, placing an order online is just as safe as giving your credit card number over the telephone.
- A cookie is a small piece of information that web sites use to remember information about users. HeatherBoutique.com uses two types of cookies to recognize our members and remember shopping list items. HeatherBoutique.com uses transient cookies to provide continuity from page to page. Within a single visit, these cookies store information such as your shopping list to simplify checkout. They do not contain any personally identifying information.
- HeatherBoutique.com also uses persistent cookies to identify members after their first visit. These cookies remain on your device and allow a user to enter our site without having to sign in on every visit. To access any secure areas such as your account information or checkout, you must still enter your password.